I'm restoring a 1920's multi-unit building. I've quickly learned that the storeroom/exit function that is so common in commercial (modern) hardware is not readily available in the same vast selection of residential locksets.
To date I've found only one company that can supply the functionality and look that I want but the price tag for the custom lockset is significantly beyond my budget.

A storeroom/exit lockset is operated by a key only outside and handle only inside. With this option tenants will be able to enter via a key and exit at any time. This will also work with the electronic buzz entry system.

I'm trying to stay in the art's and craft's style with the exception of material as I've replaced all metal in the building with either stainless steel or satin nickel.

My new custom made solid wood door currently has no holes and has large dental molding at handle height restricting the option of placing a lever on the exterior and the interior should be a lever to comply with local building egress codes.

Any tips on vendors, salvage options, etc. would be appreciated.