+ Reply to Thread

Default Can I cut the height of a neo angle shower door kit?

I have a neo angle shower in a bathroom essentially in an attic space. I would like to change out the curtain for a door but the ceiling begins at 60" from the top of the pan. So far all the kits I've seen are 72"h. 72" would be fine on the right hand side of the enclosure but the left side would need a good chunk of the corner out of it. Has anyone done this before? What tools would be best to accomplish this? Or alternatively, does anyone know where I can get an inexpensive 60" high enclosure kit?

Default Re: Can I cut the height of a neo angle shower door kit?

ive never heard of a 5' high kit, the reason being they design the doors to be at a specific height so to keep teh water within the shower

sounds to me like a poor decision to put a shower in a space with limited headroom, there are specific requirement for code as to height requirements in livable space typcially requring 6'8" or 6'10" depending on region
    fire up the saw and make some dust

Jkirk-Yep, not and ideal place for a shower but it was there when we bought the house and a full bathroom remodel is definitely not in my budget currently. There is ample headroom in the shower though, its just the one wall that goes out at eh, maybe a 25-30 degree angle and the angle doesn't begin until 60-65" from the floor. The ceiling height seems standard around 8ft. Do you know if any of the kits can be cut?

well these kits are made of tempered glass which you cant cut on site it has to be custom made. youll have to talk to a local tile supplier to find out where or whom does their glass work for custom doors and get it made
    fire up the saw and make some dust