+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Faux Ledgestone

Default Faux Ledgestone

I would like to install faux ledgestone on an interior wall, the question I have is has anyone used the faux ledgestone pannels instead of laying stone by stone? I prefer the look of the ledgestone with no grout lines so not sure if the pannels would be a better solution?

Thanks.

Default Re: Faux Ledgestone

Natural stone is, well, "natural". Not much faux to it. If you want rustic and real that is your choice. Sort of. You are somewhat limited by what you can get in your area. Another option maybe be looking into vertical concrete. It is a type of concrete overlay that is placed on fairly heavy(1-4 inches) and formed and carved and colored into whatever look you need. Big stones, little stones. big lines, little lines, NO lines. Anything goes. This is the stuff that has emerged from all the faux finishing at large scale amusement parks for decades(think disney) and has trickled down to residential and small commercial projects. It can be a DIY endeavor but it may be best left to the local professional. You can see examples of the craft at vertical artisans site on the web. Fun stuff.