+ Reply to Thread

Default Slow running water lines

I recently repaired a hot water line and now part of the house is running real slow. I live in a ranch style with the water lines running in the slab. They are copper. I did some repair work where the sink hot water line comes out of the slab during some remodling (replaced an elbow). The water ran fine before the repair. After the repair I have the lines to the sink (Both hot and cold), the toliet connection, and both hot and cold to the kitchen sink running real slow. All the other lines have normal pressure including the shower in the same bathroom and the laundry room. I checked the meter and it does not show any leaks. I only worked on the hot water line so I do not understand both the cold and hot running slow in only part of the house. We are on city water. Any ideas are appreciated. Thanks.

Default Re: Slow running water lines

On the sinks, check the aerators first, they unscrew at the end of the faucet. On the toilet shut the valve to the toilet off, then remove the supply line (either flexible or 3/8" copper) to the toilet see what you got. You can flush this line by reattaching the flexi line and turning on the valve into a bucket. You can also shut the main off and remove the valve stems and have a helper slowly turn on the main to flush out the valve. Particulate seems to be the clog, sometimes old washers disintegrate and the repair you did pushes them to a place where they can't get by. That's why if you get the chance to replace any valves in your plumbing system always replace with a ball type valve.
    Shaun

Default Re: Slow running water lines

Thanks for the information. It looks like it was something in the lines. I shut the water on and off and I was able to flush most out except the kitchen. I was able to verify I had go flow through the value and the end of the faucet was clear. It looks like something got up into the actual value. I will have to tear it apart later to find the problem. Thanks again.