+ Reply to Thread

Exclamation Need to level house

I have a 1955 home in Kenova, WV and the floors are really uneven, so much so that I'm getting spaces under my back door frame. I do not have a concrete slab, instead I have tiers. I have no experience when it comes to leveling floors and am not able to pay contractors for the estimates that they have given me since the lowest was $5,000.00. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, John

Default Re: Need to level house

if your not experience in doing this sorta thing its not really something to diy. even with the pro's this sort of task is left to the more experiecnced guys on crews
    fire up the saw and make some dust

Disappointing news but I'll leave it up to the pro's then. Thanks very much though.

not to discourage you, just that ive done things along these lines and it can be nerve racking for the guys doing it. realzing your temporarily removing the one thing supporting a house to replace it with something, especially when your beneath the house.

another thing to consider is by jacking the house back into level you will get into drywall/plaster cracking, doors binding up as the framing may shift all of which will need repair aftwords
    fire up the saw and make some dust

consult with a professional engineer