+ Reply to Thread

Thread: comode poor

Default comode poor

I have to flush my comode 3-4 times to get it to clean out paper or solids. What are people talking about using "rags". I am a 70 year old woman so please give me hints that I can use. Do not want to call a plumber because there are none in my small town. So expensive to get someone from the larger cities, Thanks, gg

Default Re: comode poor

You toilet sounds congested somewhere. Get a liquid from local store to clear the congestion, so yuo don't have to flush many time.

Try holding the handle down for 5 to 10 seconds. If that works, you probabbly need a new flapper valve. An easy DIY repair.

As Ed21 stated, hold the flush handle down so more water goes into the bowl. If that cleans it out, look at the pull chain, there is probably a Styrofoam float on the chain. There is a little round clip on the top and bottom, slid the clip off and move the float down about a " and reinstall clips. Or justt hold the handle down each time you flush.

Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb