+ Reply to Thread

Default just bought a brick row home!

hooray, it's great and we're fixing it up. in doing so, we will be having new windows installed throughout. question I have is about grids. they come free with the windows, but they are inside the glass so if we get sick of them we can't do anything about it. nobody else really has grids in the row. but i think they wil look nice in our upstairs bay window and in the kitchen. anyone have ideas on my dilemma? i do like the grids in theory, but they really aren't terribly useful. i have to decide what style/config i want very soon and i'm just shrugging my shoulders at this point. Help!

Gwen in PA

Default Re: just bought a brick row home!

I think the decision should be made on the style of the home as to whether divided lights are appropriate or not. Divided lights look great in the right environment but are a pain in the you-know-what to clean an maintain. To me, the grids between the glass do not give the appearance of divided lights, they look like grids between the glass and I wouldn't have them. That is just my opinion and I wouldn't want to force my opinion or taste on you.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb