Thread: Squeeky Shower

Default Squeeky Shower

Hello all,

I have a squeeky shower floor (pan). Is it possible to remove the old pan and re-install it correctly without having to purchase a new one? Any tips on doing so?
    Thanks for your help,

Kerry

Default Re: Squeeky Shower

Hello Kerry, do you have a fiberglass/acrylic base or a tiled copper pan? Maybe the problem is the p-trap and/or drain of the shower slightly rubbing against the subfloor or joists. Do you have access underneath? Sometimes you can drill a small hole below (if its finished) and spray lithium grease. If it's fiberglass and just flexing try to get under there and spray NON-expanding spray foam( repeat NON). Access is the key.

Hi Shaun,

It is a fiberglass base, I do have limited access underneath. The drain is slightly askew to avoid a floor joist as you said. I sprayed some lubricant along the binding edge and that has helped a bit. There is still some "give" in the floor. Not sure how I can drill the holes to spray the foam. Thanks for the help!

Kerry

Maybe on the other side of a wall you could pry off the baseboard and cut up or drill just above the plate (1-1 1/2" depending on flooring),but not above the molding outline to get under there. Just don't go through the base. Or an access panel in a closet, create one if there is a closet wall. Need an extra long straw for the foam to get all over.
    Last edited by Shaun; 03-09-2009 at 07:28 PM.