+ Reply to Thread

Default Replacing Lamp post lights

I recently purchased new lamps for my post light along my driveway with the intention of replacing the existing lamps only, not the posts. When I received the lamps I realized that the base is larger than the post. Is there a conversion part I can purchase to adapt the size difference. Whe
    N I bought the lamps ****** the site did not ask for the size of the post. Thank you for any advise.

Default Re: Replacing Lamp post lights

You probably could get some sort of reducer/expander but if it didn't come from the light manufacturer, it wouldn't look too good.

Since the posts only cost about $20 each you might want to swallow hard and replace them.

Maurice Turgeon, thesemi-retiredelectrician.com

I was afraid of that! I certainly don't mind the cost of the posts but what started out to be somewhat of a simple project to update the lights sounds like a project for an electrician. Go figure! Thank you for your help

#1 What size is the outside "dimension" of your existing post ?

#2 What size is the inside dimension of the new light ?

#3 Is you existing pole set in concrete ? If not replacing it may not be a big deal. If it is then there's more work involved.

Depending on the OD size of the existing pole and the new light you may be able to slip a larger pole for the new light over the old pole.
    Gizmo

Cut it 3 times & it's still to short.
    Inventor of the Miter Master Plus.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Smile Re: Replacing Lamp post lights

The OD of the existing post is 2 1/4 inches and the OD of the new lights is 3 1/4. The 3 posts line my driveway in a mass of English ivy so I am not sure if they are set in concrete yet. But I am excited about the idea of setting larger post over the existing posts! That just may be my solution! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Loveswood View Post
    The OD of the existing post is 2 1/4 inches and the OD of the new lights is 3 1/4. The 3 posts line my driveway in a mass of English ivy so I am not sure if they are set in concrete yet. But I am excited about the idea of setting larger post over the existing posts! That just may be my solution! Thank you!

Good Luck,,,,,,,

http://tinyurl.com/4blrku7

http://tinyurl.com/4zrozgd

http://tinyurl.com/4u73cgg
    Gizmo

Cut it 3 times & it's still to short.
    Inventor of the Miter Master Plus.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content