I am going to install some CSST for a new HW Heater. In the install manual, it states you have to ground the gas system.

I will have to verify that I have a ground running where my gas line enters the house and connects to my water supply line, which is where the electric panel grounds to.

The question I have is do you need to jump a CSST line. In my situation, I will be removing a length of pipe and installing the CSST, do I need to run a jumper to electrically connect each end? I know the CSST fittings rely on some o-rings at the fittings, but I thought there was metal contact also.