+ Reply to Thread

Default Is this a crazy or a cool idea for a laundry room?

The idea is to place a very well lit, large laundry room so that the bedroom closets share a common wall. The closets actually have the typical doors on the bedroom side, but on the laundry room side, they either have no door or a Shoji screen which in effect, backlights the whole closet during daylight hours. The drawers slide both ways so that they can be accessed from the bedroom, to get clean clothes out, or from the laundry room, where the clean clothes can be loaded directly into the drawers or onto the rods. I am hashing out whether this is even feasible and how to accomplish it. I had envisioned both of my children's bedrooms along one long wall with a J&J bathroom in b/w, both closets accessible. Then, if I decide to locate the master in that proximity, maybe a large walk in closet accessed by a pocket door would work . The only concerns that have come up are with reference to noise being transmitted through the closets at night, if laundry were being done.

Has anyone seen this done or have ideas on how to make it work?

Default Re: Is this a crazy or a cool idea for a laundry room?

It works. I did something similar to my home in Las Vegas, and it worked ouy beautifully, until my sons freinds relized that they could go into the laundry room and spy on the girls as they were changing. I had to install a sliding panel on each opening, with a latch on the bedroom sides. It worked great for laundry transfers in both directions.

sounds extremely interesting....love the general idea.....take plenty of pics of whatever you decide to do and post them here.

Quote Originally Posted by rubytempest View Post
    The idea is to place a very well lit, large laundry room so that the bedroom closets share a common wall. The closets actually have the typical doors on the bedroom side, but on the laundry room side, they either have no door or a Shoji screen which in effect, backlights the whole closet during daylight hours. The drawers slide both ways so that they can be accessed from the bedroom, to get clean clothes out, or from the laundry room, where the clean clothes can be loaded directly into the drawers or onto the rods. I am hashing out whether this is even feasible and how to accomplish it. I had envisioned both of my children's bedrooms along one long wall with a J&J bathroom in b/w, both closets accessible. Then, if I decide to locate the master in that proximity, maybe a large walk in closet accessed by a pocket door would work . The only concerns that have come up are with reference to noise being transmitted through the closets at night, if laundry were being done.

Has anyone seen this done or have ideas on how to make it work?
    I have never seen this done nor have I ever heard of it but I think it is a brilliant idea!!!! I would love to see photos once it is complete.