+ Reply to Thread

Default Dark Stain Wainscoting in Bathroom

We are remodeling our arts and crafts bathroom and want to include wainscoting. Our entire house is done in stained fir. We would like to use stained wood wainscoting in the bathroom, but we aren't certain how it will look -- we think it will be fine, but are tad concerned that it might be too dark.

Does anyone have any pictures of a bathroom done in stained wainscoting? We just don't like painted wood all that much and have had most virtually all of the woodwork in our house stripped and stained.

Thank you,
    Steven

Default Re: Dark Stain Wainscoting in Bathroom

I have plenty of photos of my wainscot jobs but they're all painted.
    As far as the wood coming out dark....theres absolutly no reason it has to! Before you stain be sure to use a wood conditioner on the wood so it doesn't come out blotchy especially on soft woods.
    Test different stains on the backs of the planks to see how it'll look.
    I stained most all the floors in my own house this way and I installed Eastern White Pine wide plank floors...came out exactly as I wanted it to...not too dark.
    Check my website below for photos. No reason the wainscotting would come out different then any other wood project.
    Actually,,now that I think of it I might have a photo in my web site of a wall of wainscotting I stripped of paint and stained really light in my living room....it's the room with the red wallpaper.
    Hidden Content
    ॐשָׁלו