+ Reply to Thread

Default Hardwood floors under dishwasher?

I want to replace the linoleum floors in my kitchen with prefinished hardwood. If I do not install hardwood under my built-in dishwasher, will I be able to remove the dishwasher for repair or replacement? If I do install hardwood under my dishwasher, will it still fit under my counter top? How do the experts handle this situation? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Judy

Default Re: Hardwood floors under dishwasher?

I just looked at the specifications of one model, and the adjustment is about an inch in height.

I'm sure you could walk into a flooring place and ask them about this. It has to be very common.

My guess is that there is enough adjustment that you would be just fine. You could adjust the dishwasher at its lowest setting to see if you could slide a piece of flooring between the countertop and the top of the dishwasher.

Default Re: Hardwood floors under dishwasher?

he's right, the first thing to do is to see if you can raise the dishwasher feet and see if you can slide a piece of flooring under it and still get it in and out ok. if it doesn't fit, you don't want to put the flooring up to it or you won't be able to get the dishwasher out without removing the countertop. if it does fit, i would put the flooring under the entire dishwasher.