+ Reply to Thread

Question Railing for front steps

Our house was built in the early 50's, the front steps leading to the front porch are cement with rock retaining wall on each side. What is the best way to install a railing system with this kind of step? The steps are steep for our parents and theyre having a hard time getting up and down without a hand rail. Any help is appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Re: Railing for front steps

iron railing cemented into the steps.

Drill in the steps to attach brackets for a system you can get parts or ready made sections at store vinyl or aluminum capped in white. Rent a hammer drill to do the job.

One of the easiest is ti use pipe flanges You can install them to the concrete with tapcons or with drilled and installed lead anchors. Then make the handrail out of standard pipe and pipe parts.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Thumbs up Re: Railing for front steps

I would do an aluminum railing system, I especially recommend easyrailings.com. I am an architect and installed this system in many homes. It is superb in strength (what you want), cost efficiency, flexibility of installation (you can do it yourself and there are a variety of ways), and its very cost-efficient and better than wood because there is no maintenance required. Clients love it because it is affordable, looks good, last forever, and comes in many styles. Good luck!