+ Reply to Thread

Default cleaning a shower

I have a gray tub/shower. The sides are stained with a white film almost like soap scum. I have a water softener as well. I have cleaned the tub several different times with several cleaners. The stains will go away until it completely dries then reappear. How can i get this sticky film off my tub? Please help

Default Re: cleaning a shower

try "CLR" (Calcium Lime and Rust remover).....you can buy it at the some supermarkets or any home center. do a small test area first, i'm not 100% sure about it's use on fiberglass but i think it's ok.

You can also try a cleaner containing Phosphoric Acid. Usually a pink liquid, you can often find it at plumbing supply stores. May be sold under the name "Bath Brite" by any of several different manufacturers.
    The "Senior Member" designation under my name doesn't mean I know a lot, it just means I talk a lot.I've been a DIYer since I was 12 (thanks, Dad!). I have read several books on various home improvement topics. I do not have any current code books I can refer to. I was an apprentice plumber for two years.

Shower heads try to remove it and see what filters to remove small deposits that you can. You settling for a half hour soaking in vinegar or lemon solution, cleaning may be able to remove. Solutions that do the trick in the sprinkler head can be.

Remove your shampoo bottles, loofahs, razor, and other items. You don't want to get cleaning products on these things. Dump them into a bucket or just put them on your counter for now. Be sure to grab the bath mat or non-stick floor stickers, if you use them. Take this opportunity to throw out any empty containers and wash or discard anything moldy or unused.

To eliminate this problem, first try a little preventative maintenance. Keep a squeegee in your bathroom to wipe down shower doors and walls after every bath or shower. In addition, if you use a bar soap, you might want to consider switching to a liquid soap since it doesn't contain talc