+ Reply to Thread

Thread: backsplash

Question backsplash

my kitchen is covered in the wallpaper paneling with seams. My backsplash is the same and has a seam going through the middle of it. I cannot afford to replace that but want to put something over it, I am not sure what any suggestions would be appreciated. I have painted over this paneling and that has held up for a long time now. Please help...

Default Re: backsplash

Can you post a picture?

If it's what I'm think you're describing, you could install pionite or marlite which are types of formica specifically made for shower surrounds. It's easy to handle, utilizes aluminum trims, and is adhered to the wall with construction adhesive. You'll find it at a tub surround supplier, not a big box. If you want seriously cheap and short life span, then the big boxes carry a vinyl faced masonite or HDF (high density fiberboard ), or FRP (fiberglass resin panel) panel for the same purpose with the plastic trims.

Unregistered Guest

tomorrow I am at work right now. Good idea. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WendyB View Post
    my kitchen is covered in the wallpaper paneling with seams. My backsplash is the same and has a seam going through the middle of it. I cannot afford to replace that but want to put something over it, I am not sure what any suggestions would be appreciated. I have painted over this paneling and that has held up for a long time now. Please help...

Your question is pretty confusing...you're making us guess about too much to get a good answer. You better take a picture.
    Why CAN'T you put something over it if its paneling/paper(?)...whats stopping you and what exactly DO you wanna put over it...you don't say.
    I'm lost............. wouldn't be the first time......wheres my compass
    Hidden Content
    ॐשָׁלו