+ Reply to Thread

Default 1/2 wall afraid 2 year old will try to climb that drops to first floor.

I have a open two story house where I can see the downstairs from my upstairs hallway. There is a 1/2 wall in the hallway and my 2 1/2 year old has become very active and loves to climb. I'm afraid to turn my back on her upstairs as the 1/2 wall isn't very high and it is a massive drop. We currently don't allow her upstairs by herself but would like for her to be able to play in her room without me worrying about this wall. We've considered Plexiglas however,we would like to come up with a solution that isn't permanent for when she is older. Any ideas??

Default Re: 1/2 wall afraid 2 year old will try to climb that drops to first floor.

Howdy consider installing a rail and banisters 3" apart and 36" or more tall on top of the 1/2 wall....

Default Re: 1/2 wall afraid 2 year old will try to climb that drops to first floor.

Thanks for the advice. Do you know where I could purchase something like that?