+ Reply to Thread

Default What's on your around the house to-do list in June?

Is there a favorite bulb you always plant? Or perhaps there's a project, like sealing your deck, that you like to do that month? Whatever it is, we'd like to hear about the little (and big) tasks you like to do to improve your home in the month of June.

Tell us and your answer could be featured in the June issue of This Old House.

Default Re: What's on your around the house to-do list in June?

tearing the enclosed, rotting front porch off of our house, rebuilding it and turning it into interior space, a foyer with a coat closet.....then adding a nice new covered front porch (farmhouse style, sort of) around the new addition.

I have a short to-do list but it's one that's going to take a while to actually do.It's not in any order at all.I really only have one.I need to finish edging my planting beds around the house.I bought the house three years ago, and The beds were mostly overgrown with grass.

Wink Re: What's on your around the house to-do list in June?

hopefully tear out car siding on porch we have enclosed and drywall it. would love to tear out unused chimney in kitchen to make a wider doorway so heat and air can flow through to kitchen better.

Howdy, how to get rid of spam on a help web page so it is not abandoned by such smart helpers and eager learners.

By the way, the original post was from 2009. No chance of the moderators actually reading this in 2011.
    The "Senior Member" designation under my name doesn't mean I know a lot, it just means I talk a lot.I've been a DIYer since I was 12 (thanks, Dad!). I have read several books on various home improvement topics. I do not have any current code books I can refer to. I was an apprentice plumber for two years.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencepost View Post
    By the way, the original post was from 2009. No chance of the moderators actually reading this in 2011.
    Small chance, Fencepost. Have a little faith!

This is a tremendous forum. We're trying our best to keep up with reports and deal with spammers as we come across them.

Please bear with us.

Thanks!