+ Reply to Thread

Default Wood paneled room

I just bought a house that was built in the early 70's. The decor was very "in style" when it was built but I want to update it a bit.
    There is a lot of wood paneling in one addition to the house and I'm looking to brighten up the rooms. The wood paneling is real wood laid out horizontally, I think it's knotty pine. It does not have a smooth finish on it so I don't want to just paint it. i am thinking of painting some of the trim white but I'm looking for some ideas to tone down all the wood and make it brighter.
    There are two rooms with wood paneled walls with built in wood cabinets and wood ceilings.

Does anyone have ideas for adding some brighter accents or trim?

Here is a pic of one room (entry way).

Thanks
    Last edited by bravo33; 02-09-2011 at 03:55 PM.

Default Re: Wood paneled room

Think about just painting the side walls. That should give the entry some depth and brightness.

Default Wood paneled room

some touch of dark or bright color paint will make it more bright.

It will look nice with white paint, try and share picture with us, i wants to see how it will look after paint

My wife wants to keep the wall panel because it is beautiful but the room looks very dark. The floors are beautiful hardwood about the same color as the panel. I know we can paint the panel but we are looking at other options to brighten up the room.

Im pleased for this valuable great web page; this could be the variety of subject that sustains me although out the day. Weve generally heard been lately seeking near to with your web-site best suited right after I observed about these from a near good friend and was delighted when I was inside a place to obtain it adhering to wanting out for some time.