+ Reply to Thread

Default Properly heating a basement bathroom

Can anyone tell me if it's ok to run a stack heat run down along a concrete wall to get the heat down near the floor? If so, insulating that space may be tricky. Would it be better to just drop the heat vent through the ceiling? If so, it would be close to the ceiling exhaust fan, which should not be a problem....right?

Default Re: Properly heating a basement bathroom

Is a suspended ceiling ok for use in a bathroom, and above the shower area, I have a lot of balance adjustable open / close adjustors on the heating pipes in that area and would like to be able to access them if needed.
    A suspended ceiling is great for basement spaces, but certain other considerations need attention when installing these in a bathroom. Namely, the commonly available cross tees, main tees, and wall angle for suspended ceiling is steel, and does rust and look like crap in a bathroom after some years. I've seen bathrooms that seem to be vented well, and this rusting of the gridwork seems inevidable. This gridwork is available in aluminium, which does not rust. I'd certainly reccommend this for a bathroom, although you won't be able to pick this material up at the local home center. Second, you'll have to get a bathroom exhaust fan and lighting junction boxes that have the necessary hardware to latch onto the drop ceiling track.