+ Reply to Thread

Default Transplanting a Tree

I have a maple tree that is growing too close to the house (like 1 foot from the house) and I would like to know 3 things.
    1. Based on what the tree looks like is it worth transplanting?
    2. When would be the best time to do the transplant so that the tree has the best chances of survival?
    3. What the heck is the other 'tree' growing next to my house and is it worth transplanting?

I live in Colorado Springs, CO in a residential area and i already have 2 maple trees in the fron yard, but no large trees in the back yard. I have a corner lot which makes it bigger than most lots and i have thought about putting a potentially large growing tree in the back yard since it is a south facing and gets alot of sun and a tree would eventually give needed shade.

As you can see from the pictures the maple is quite long and tall which might pose a problem in transplanting and getting it to grow properly for a strong specimen. I also have another 'tree' growing next to it that I have no idea what type it is or if it is worth keeping. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	maple tree-105917_small.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	16.7 KB 
ID:	162   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	maple tree-105918_small.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	16.9 KB 
ID:	163   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	maple tree-105919_small.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	17.0 KB 
ID:	164   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	maple tree-105920_small.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	19.8 KB 
ID:	165  
    Glenn 'JPSnuffy'