Views:	161 
Size:	6.6 KB 
ID:	2206

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P2280136.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	10.7 KB 
ID:	2207

My house was built in 1920, and I suspect the bathrooms were redone in the 1950s. They feature charmingly tacky colored porcelain fixtures, including this sink, with cross handled faucets. Itís all good, and I like the retro look, except that I live in California, where we have a huge drought occurring. I have taken the faucets apart and replaced all the rings and packing, and, yet, they still leak like anything. I do not want to jettison my nifty sinks (I actually have three of them, all in different colors), but I want to quit wasting water. Iím thinking the thing to do is buy new faucets, but Iím worried about whether they will fit on my old sink. I was speculating about whether wall-mount faucets would work- does anyone have any advice for a successful resolution to this problem?

Thank you for your time and expertise,

Amanda

Default Re: New faucets for 1950s sink?

You might only need new seats in yours. Can't see from here and so can't say for sure.

Or........deabath.com may have what you need.

http://www.deabath.com/Specfct/specfct.htm

Note that the shelf-back unit can be altered for holes wider than 6".....which it appears yours are.

Also see here - http://www.deabath.com/Obsolete_stem...lete_stems.htm

These may be all you need....or they may not fit your units at all. Impossible to say from here. (Ooops. Those are shower & tub stems. Never mind. <G>)

If you're not sure.....I'd email them your pics and description and see what they say. And/or give them a call and email them the pics.

A salvage house may have what you need also.
    Last edited by goldhiller; 03-01-2009 at 11:44 AM.

Default Re: New faucets for 1950s sink?

I'm with ****ie on trying new seats first.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb