I have a hilly area in my back yard that has shade for the most part with some sun most of the day. My back yard has a maple tree in the corner and a great deal of roots along the side of the back yard with some large areas down the hill being mostly free of roots.
On one side of this sloping hilly area is an addition to our house and where one of our water bibs is located and I think I probably will put some paving stones there but otherwise would like to have a zone in my yard where no work needs to be done except turn the water off or on.
Right now we have a lawn service but I would like to let them go but am kept from doing so because of the hill we have. With times being what they are I would like something that would spread fast and take over the grass but not look like grass and completely eliminate mowing there.
For your information I live in Maryland near the University of Maryland. I would really like a plant that needs little to no preparation but am not that knowledgeable about shade loving plants. I do have some Lilly of The Valley but that fades out in the winter and know next to nothing about other plants. If I can I may post some pictures later on so you can see the area. Thanks for your help!