+ Reply to Thread

Thread: roofing

Default roofing

I use to get the huge long icicles, 2-3 feet, hanging from the roof. I finally saved up enough money to get my roof re-shingled and had the roofer put in additional insulation. I no longer get huge Icicles but not I get a glacier covering the roof anywhere from 2-6 inches thick and just tiny icicles less than 6 inches long. I use a roof rake to remove snow with in 24 hours but the ice is all ready there. what went wrong? Do I need to put in the styro-foam spacers along the roof eves to channel the air flow? This is low pitched roof and it has been leaking into the house.

Default Re: roofing

Howdy, your new roof is leaking that sucks...
    What type of shingles? did the roofer install ice and water guard 33" above the outside wall then felt then shingles?
    How old is the new roof? Have you had roofer back for warranty as it leaks?

sorry, I forgot how to get to this message board.

the roof was new in summer 2006 with ice guard, felt and asphalt shingles.
    I complained first in the spring of 2009 and the roofer came to look at it in the summer 2009, said he'd be back to maybe install more roof vents. never showed.

had contact again this past January and he said he would be out to look at, never showed up again but sent an article by email saying ice dams were common this year.

thank you yes it is good