+ Reply to Thread

Default Concealed Tank Toilet

My husband and I lived in Germany for four years. There the typical toilet has a concealed tank and an inside-the-wall mounting structure which takes the toilet off the floor. Cleaning around the toilet was so easy and the concealed tank made for a nice, streamlined look.

We are now adding a bathroom to our house and would like to install one of these types of toilets. Has anyone had any experience with these types of toilets here in the U.S.? My main concern is problems associated with the tank hiding in the wall. (e.g. unknown leakage of the tank or sweating of the tank inside the wall)

Thanks for any feedback.

Default Re: Concealed Tank Toilet

you can purchase a wall mount toilet in the US, the tank is mounted on the wall and the waste pipe is in the wall and the bottom of the toilet sits about 6" off the floor. i just replaced one last month. you can have one installed but it might cost a little bit due to the waste pipe having to be moved into the wall.

Default Re: Concealed Tank Toilet

Although not common at all in the states, they do exist. I have only installed one type, the Duravit 111335001 Geberit Duofix Concealed Tank & Carrier. The tank and flush & fill mechanism are accessed through an actuator panel on the wall. The tank is made of a molded plastic which may reduce or eliminate sweating, however I would get more advice on that particular subject, you could always temper the water with a valve if possible. Regardless this toilet would require substantial renovation to accept the tank and carrier into the wall. Keep in mind many houses will have a 3 or 4" stack behind the toilet.

Hope this helps, Shaun.