+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Deck Plans

Question Deck Plans

We would like to enlarge our second story deck. It will require replacing all the floor and railing. Does anyone know of a website to find ideas and plans?

The deck must include a staircase down to the patio below. If possible, I would like to include some built-in seating benches) and/or flower boxes/pots around the perimeter.

Thanks so much for any assistance anyone may have.

Default Re: Deck Plans

Nancyberlo,
    Check out the deck building program at www.timbertech.com
    Sounds like what you need though the basic design choices are somewhat limited to I think 4 basic layouts.

You should find the materials listing at the end of the deck design report helpful as well.
    Gary

Smile Re: Deck Plans

Thanks, Gary. We'll take a look at it.

Nancy

Default Re: Deck Plans

No problem.
    We're hoping to add an elevated deck to our front entrance and when you get to pricing, I'd like to hear what you find out. Our estimated deck dimensions are 12' by 20', connected to a stairway about 7 foot high. I know the figures will vary even quite a bit just from differences in costs between geographic areas. But I'd like to have some idea if it's affordable for us in the near future.

I like the DrySpace system TimberTech has for keeping the underside of the deck dry so that you can use that space when it's raining.
    Thanks,
    Gary