+ Reply to Thread

Default Replacing water line for refrigerator

I need some advice. I need to replace the water line that runs from the main water line to the refrigerator. Currently there is a saddle valve tapped into the main cold water line in the utility room. From there a 1/4" copper pipe runs up to the attic, over to the pantry (behind the fridge), then through the wall near the floor to the rear side of the fridge. I believe there is an issue with the saddle valve, so I plan on replacing it with something else. Since I'm replacing the value, I am considering replacing the copper pipe since it's pretty old. My question is this: should I replace with the same size pipe/tubing (1/4") or should I run something with a larger diameter until I get to the kitchen, then downsize to 1/4"?

Default Re: Replacing water line for refrigerator

Unless the 1/4" line is crushed or otherwise damaged, there is no reason to change it. If you want to reroute it with a larger supply, that would be fine, but not mandatory.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!