Default Knee wall insulation

I'm in the process of finishing my attic. I have a 4 foot area behind what will be my knee wall. I pulled the floor boards and filled it blown fiber insulation. My question is. Would it be better to put the floor boards back down in this area? Does that have any affect on how well the insulation will work?

Default Re: Knee wall insulation

Howdy, is there insulated space under this area-or is it outside the wall of the house? If inside then insulation to the minimum code in your area is a good start. But you do not need the planking it does not aid your insulation. It reads like you need to add more insulation. If you only filled the ceiling joist cavity that is not enough- you likely need at least 16" of blown in or more...

Thanks Timothy, that is kind of what I wanted to know, more insulation vs the floor board, although my wife may want to use some that area for storage.

You are welcome. You can have storage too by installing a couple of inches of rigid foam insulation over the boards as it increases the r value greatly heck make it 4" and now your cooking.... She might donate some stuff so others can use it. I am such a clutter guy but trying as so little that is stored is used and so many can us it.