+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default from siding to brick accent - flashing?

I recently had new hardy siding put on my 1951 ranch/colonialhome, along with new windows, paint and insulation. This was all done with an Urban Renewal home equity loan done at no interest cost to me, a project done through the city I live in. The workers I opted for were not good, I feel they were misrepresented, and in fact I am still mulling over my options with the work. What I want to know is what sort of metal sheeting should be applied between the siding, above, and the foundation accent brick, below? So far the caulking used has turned white, expanded and looks crappy, plus the sheet metal was not anything made for this application. The guy bent it by hand to try to get it at the appropriate angle. I asked repeatedly for them to use different caulking and appropriate metal, ( a suggestion of an experienced carpenter/friend of mine)to no avail. What exactly should be used in this instance? I am attaching a couple of photos. The center shot shows the last attempt to make the metal lay flat so rain doesn't blow in under the metal and leak behind the brick, which is exactly what is going to happen as I see it. I am so disappointed in the work! I am a widow, disabled, on a fixed income and can't afford mstakes like these to mess up my only asset. The flashing is only one of many complaints I have, but maybe the most obviously ugly and possibly damaging. Thanks for any info.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01215.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	50.4 KB 
ID:	3919   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01197.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	23.4 KB 
ID:	3920   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01217.JPG 
Views:	86 
Size:	59.5 KB 
ID:	3921  

Default Re: from siding to brick accent - flashing?

Sorry - this should probably be in the siding forum. My mistake. Not sure how to move it as this is my first post here.

the pictures of the flashing arent very clear, hard to see anything
    fire up the saw and make some dust

So sorry! I will post new shots tomorrow, much better ones. It is dark right now. Thanks for the reply and please look again tomorrow.