+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bender Boards

Default Bender Boards

What's the best type of material to use for bender boards for turning corners in concrete forms? I checked at Lowes and Home Depot but they didn't have any off-the-shelf boards. Someone told me that tempered masonite will work but I didn't know if it would hold up to moisture. I will need something that may get rained on a day or two.

Thanks.

Default Re: Bender Boards

You can use just about anything you want, the key is that it be strong enough and supported enough to withstand the weight of the concrete. The last time I needed bender board I got it at Home Depot in the garden section. They had both redwood and plastic covered masonite strips. The masonite will bend a tighter corner than a wood strip will. Raw masonite will hold up just fine to the moisture from the slab and if it gets rained on after the fact, but I don't know that I'd want it wet before the concrete was laid.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Spray the masonite down with your kerosene/paraffin wax mixture and it should be fine in the rain.
    Casey

Casey: Uhhh....kerosene and parafin wax mixture? Sounds good but how do you get those two guys together, and in what proportions?

Don

Deisel fuel will work also.
    Gizmo

Cut it 3 times & it's still to short.
    Inventor of the Miter Master Plus.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content