+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hot Water Tank

Default Hot Water Tank

I need to replace my 40 gallon gas water heater. I'm not going tankless because the ROI.

Are there stainless steal water tanks available? What brand are they? Anyone have any experience with them?

Thanks

Default Re: Hot Water Tank

I've never heard of a stainless STEEL water heater . Why would a water heater manufacturer sell you a rust proof W/H, that will last forever? After all they want you back in a few years...
    Anyway, why not contacting the makers (there are only 4 in the USA, which produce all national brands)?
    Let us know what they say.

Quote Originally Posted by dj1 View Post
    I've never heard of a stainless STEEL water heater . Why would a water heater manufacturer sell you a rust proof W/H, that will last forever? After all they want you back in a few years...
    Anyway, why not contacting the makers (there are only 4 in the USA, which produce all national brands)?
    Let us know what they say.
    Sure there are Stainless HW heaters. There are also Stainless AC units.
    Do you need gas or electric ?

Google Stainless Steel HW Heaters.

http://www.jupiterheating.com/supers...er-heater.html
    Gizmo

Cut it 3 times & it's still to short.
    Inventor of the Miter Master Plus.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

No there is not a stainless steel water heater. There are stainless steel indirects but not a gas or electric water heater.

My suggestion would to get a Bradford White Heater. If this is a gas install the ICON Vavle on this heater has accessories that you can add on. There is leak protection and a thermostat that is availble to program your heater to save on gas.

www.bradfordwhite.com