+ Reply to Thread

Default Pipes Banging - Washer

A couple of years ago we purchased a new side load washing machine. During the wash cycle the pipes bang. I'd like to know, are we getting air in the line or is it the pipes are loose and ones banging against the other? Since I tend to think the pipes are loose I'd like to verify my position before I go in and tear the drywall down to gain access to these pipes. We have no problem anywhere with air in the lines but here. Help!

Default Re: Pipes Banging - Washer

all you have to do is to install an "air eliminator valve" or "air relief valve" at the point where you connect the washing machine hoses to the water supply. problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by MLBSF View Post
    all you have to do is to install an "air eliminator valve" or "air relief valve" at the point where you connect the washing machine hoses to the water supply. problem solved.
    I gave the same reply 12 hrs. ago with a link to a site showing them. For some reason I got a message that a monitor had to approve it before posting . Whats with that?

John

Thank you for the response. This crossed my mind at one point & I recall asking someone about this opportunity, but sounds like I was not asking the right people. John I have no idea why the link didn't go through, perhaps you can give me the site and I'll google it. Again thank you both.

john,

that's never happened to me before....ask the moderator

you should still strap your pipes if they are loose.

I purchased the air relief valve as suggested, both hot and cold. Problem fixed. Thank you.