+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pest Control

Default Pest Control

I just saw your January 29th Ask This Old House show on PBS and your "What Is It?" product was a green plastic mouse trap. Can you advise the manufacturer's name and where it might be possible to locate in Ontario Canada?

Default Re: Pest Control

You can also take a 5 gallon bucket fill it 1/3 full. Drill a 1/2 hole in the sides up by the top. Put a 1/2inch dowle through half way and take a pop can and put it on the dowel (1/2 inch0 hole throught the pop can. Now put peanut butter on the pop can.
    You put a small board like a ramp up to the bucket. Mice jump in and DOA. I like this better then using antifreeze because i have pets. Good hunting haha

You can also take a 5 gallon bucket fill it 1/3 full with water. Drill a 1/2 hole in the sides up by the top. Put a 1/2inch dowle through half way and take a pop can and put it on the dowel (1/2 inch0 hole throught the pop can. Now put peanut butter on the pop can.
    You put a small board like a ramp up to the bucket. Mice jump in and DOA. I like this better then using antifreeze because i have pets. Good hunting haha

Hi morrik5, I watched that show; was interested too.
    Read the Show Description for ATOH Ep 913.
    That trap is the Maine Mouse-ah. S.D. says it's sold out and maybe discontinued.

Here's the product's webpage, Maine Mouse Trap:

http://www.madeinmaine.com/MouseAh.asp?S=35

A made in Maine product, won't be found in Canada.

Best bet is the DIY trap described above. I like it, easy to make.

Pest control refers to the regulation or management of a species defined as a pest, usually because it is perceived to be detrimental to a person's health, the ecology or the economy. Pest control is at least as old as agriculture, as there has always been a need to keep crops free from pests. In order to maximize food production, it is advantageous to protect crops from competing species of plants, as well as from herbivores competing with humans. Pest control companies manage pests because they are perceived to be harmful to ecology, human health and to a larger extent economy. Pest control companies aim at reducing pest populations to desirable levels. The first step pest control services take is to identify the pest that is causing the problem in your area. Once that is done, the pest prevention services draw out a plan to eradicate the pest. The strategy will involve learning about the behavior and the life cycle of the pests.

Quote Originally Posted by kellyjose012 View Post
    Pest control refers to the regulation or management of a species defined as a pest, usually because it is perceived to be detrimental to a person's health, the ecology or the economy. Pest control is at least as old as agriculture, as there has always been a need to keep crops free from pests. In order to maximize food production, it is advantageous to protect crops from competing species of plants, as well as from herbivores competing with humans. Pest control companies manage pests because they are perceived to be harmful to ecology, human health and to a larger extent economy. Pest control companies aim at reducing pest populations to desirable levels. The first step pest control services take is to identify the pest that is causing the problem in your area. Once that is done, the pest prevention services draw out a plan to eradicate the pest. The strategy will involve learning about the behavior and the life cycle of the pests.

The 5 gallon bucket saves time and money

Quote Originally Posted by Sten View Post
    The 5 gallon bucket saves time and money
    Since kellyjose012's post has no relevance to this thread, it is more than likely just spam.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by A. Spruce View Post
    Since kellyjose012's post has no relevance to this thread, it is more than likely just spam.

give him the boot,