+ Reply to Thread

Default I want to be an interior decorator for model homes, but how?

I have an eye for decorating. My house is beautiful and I have several people who want me to do their own homes. I do not have a degree nor have I ever gone to school for interior design. The closest design school is over an hour away. I have two jobs and can't manage the school as well.
    I would love to be an interior decorator for model homes. Does anyone have any ideas how I would have to go about this? I never see any listings ****** or in the paper for decorator for model homes...
    Max Cleanse Pro
    Last edited by Oidipoussmith; 02-07-2011 at 11:11 PM.

Default Re: I want to be an interior decorator for model homes, but how?

to get into model homes you need experience. start small and work your way up
    fire up the saw and make some dust

do some work for friends, make up some business cards and try to get bigger!

Get the peculiar degree about the interior decoration about houses.
    You may look for some art schools for this sake.

Buying decor at retail stores for you or your friends houses is very different than what Interior Designers do. We create custom pieces, create floor plans in AutoCad, renderings and put together concepts and thats just to try and get the job. Anyone can call themselves a decorator but in most states a designer has a degree. You might start small with staging houses for Realtors and their clients and build from there if you really can't get a degree. There are schools that do an ****** degree or many community colleges have associate degrees which would give you the basics if you don't have time or money to attend a 4 year school.

Get Trained in good center and then do some free works for your friends. Then ur done

You can decorate the houses on weekends or provide services to friends or family etc means start from lower level