+ Reply to Thread

Threaded View

Default Wallpaper Removed-Sheetrock (drywall) a Mess

I not going to share how long it took me to scrap the wallpaper off, nor how careful I was not to ruin the sheetrock (or is it drywall?). Despite my care, I could not avoid the damage incurred in quite a few places. In some spots, the wallpaper and glue came off like a dream, in others it was a nightmare! At any rate, I did the best I could! This photo shows one of many areas that are even worse than this.

I have been looking at my ugly bare walls for months now, dreading what steps I have to take before I can go any further with priming and painting.

I'm hoping someone will can give me simple and straitforward instructions (I am no do-it-yourselfer) as to what I have to do to get this wall ready for priming and painting.

I have done some research ******, and have an idea, but I always turn to TOH forums for the experienced and helpful people here. I'm doing this alone and I don't have lots of $$ to spend. On the plus side, my kitchen is small and there are only three walls to do.

Thank you in advance for any advice I won't need a degree to understand.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	drywall.jpg 
Views:	278 
Size:	48.0 KB 
ID:	3902