Question Closing off a crawl space (ventilation ?)

Since I have put down (on the dirt) 6 mil vapor barrier taped up the side of the cinder block walls (almost to the sill), and plugged and foamed all the vents, my moisture readings dropped from 90+ percent to 35-45 depending on the weather. It is currently winter time and the avg temp is in the 50's down there all the time (10-20 degrees outside). What if any pitfalls do I face when the warmer/wetter weather comes if I leave it sealed up? We will have central air but the avg temp in the house will remain around mid 70's. This is a manufactured home on a cinderblock foundation. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

Question Re: Closing off a crawl space (ventilation ?)

Thanks for the info. I know I'm good in the winter, my real concern is what happens come summertime. I wanted to leave the crawl sealed up. What's the worst case scenario if I do? It's sealed up pretty tight right now (now holes, vents foam sealed, vapor barrier...). I have read many viewpoints on this and many say why let the warm damp air in?

Default Re: Closing off a crawl space (ventilation ?)

I found this website answered all of my questions concerning crawlspaces. http://crawlspaceinfo.com

Talking Re: Closing off a crawl space (ventilation ?)

Thanks!!! Great website, plenty of product offerings and some useful advice. I've been searching the web for months with all kinds of very different viewpoints and advice. Thanks again.

Default Re: Closing off a crawl space (ventilation ?)

Your welcome glad to help!!