+ Reply to Thread

Default island counter dountertop chair or stool?

Howdy, i thing in making an island in my old home that to have a 2" extended top to allow eating in comfort at chair height would best? But since i have never had an island how about those that do, which is preferred? I figure stools not as comfee or last as long as chairs so frugality comes along with comfort too...

Default Re: island counter dountertop chair or stool?

A 2" extension? that's not much of an extension!

Your choice largely depends on what style/design you prefer. If the extension is the same height as the rest of the island, then I'd get chair stools to accommodate that height. If you're lowering the extension, then normal chairs would suffice.

I would recommend chair stools over backless stools because they're more comfortable and look better, but that's me.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Oopsee 2' not inches.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Miller View Post
    Oopsee 2' not inches.
    Damn gorilla hands make typing hard!

I figured that's what you meant, just couldn't pass up the opportunity to give you a little poop.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Hi we don't have a kitchen island at our rental house but do have kind of a high counter top because of the lower cabinets. so I agree with A.Spruce it just depends on how tall the island will be. Most likely unless you have mobility issues and can't stand the island will be about waist high so you would definitely need something with a back to it. We tried it without a back at our rental house and it didn't work. finally it was messed up over time so we didn't provide any seating and our tenants now provide whatever they want if anything. Good luck to you!