+ Reply to Thread

Default insulating double brick with slow cure insulation

There is a very interesting article on using slow cure insulation in the one inch space between the strapping and double brick of an old house . Can this be used without damaging the plaster (with the exception of the holes used to fill the cavity) and no damage to the brick? I am wondering where to find this product, is it DIY?

In addition to the walls where there is double brick, I am wondering about insulating the floors of the second story rooms that are part-way over the front porch. We had regular bating insulation installed when we redid the porch ceiling, but I suspect the company did not put in a vapor barrier as the floors above the porch are still very cold. I am wondering about removing the crown moulding on the ceiling of the porch and pouring something in that will expand to fill the space but am wondering whether the existing batting would cause problems. likewise, our second story is 2x 4 framing with aluminum siding exterior, with some insulation put in before we moved in. Could we use it there too?.

Default Re: insulating double brick with slow cure insulation

I was at a home show convention in CLevelaaaaand Ohio about 4 years ago andasked the same question of Tom Silva who wasthere. He mentioned the same process but I also could not find much about the process. My walls are 3 brick thick.

Default Re: insulating double brick with slow cure insulation

I was at a home show convention in Cleveland Ohio about 4 years ago and asked the same question of Tom Silva who was there. He mentioned the same process but I also could not find much about it. My walls are 3 brick thick.