+ Reply to Thread

Default Stone coated metal roof

I've got a stone coated metal roof that interlocks shingle to shingle. Essentially the shingles are similar to a composite shingle but just larger and they interlock to the shingle below it. Therfore, a standard gutter screen that typically slides under the first shingle row won't work because the metal shingle interlocks to the metal drip edge.

I've got regular 5" K style gutters. I'm looking for a screen type leaf guard that will clip to the gutter and somehow fit flush or butt up against the drip edge.

Anyone know of a gutter screen that will work with the style of roof. I could use the foam stuff but I haven't heard a lot of good things about it.

Thanks

Bill

Default Re: Stone coated metal roof

I found a gutter product at an exterior building supply wholesaler that sells metal and vinyl siding, roofing, and windows. This product is a perforated aluminum piece that clips on one side of the gutter and is attached by screws on the other side. It does not come in contact with the roof. There is an added benefit in that it reinforces the strength of the gutter. It is also much easier to install and remove than the gutter products that slide under shingles. I don't recall the name of the product, but most likely other wholesalers who sell coils of metal for gutter installers have it, or you can try a gutter spe******t.

Anyone else that has this type of roof I ended up getting Step Lock screens by Senox. They snap in place and the back grips onto the stone coated drip edge. That helps prevent them from falling into the gutter when squirles walk on them.

I puth them on last year and have no problems.

http://www.senox.com/literature

Quote Originally Posted by BBQ View Post
    Anyone else that has this type of roof I ended up getting Step Lock screens by Senox. They snap in place and the back grips onto the stone coated drip edge. That helps prevent them from falling into the gutter when squirles walk on them.

I puth them on last year and have no problems.

http://www.senox.com/literature
    Good to know, and thanks for sharing this info.

What do they run?

I'll have to find my receipt but I know they were less than $2 each. I got them wholesale at a local gutter supply house. For a powder coated guard I'm happy with that price.