+ Reply to Thread

Question Bathroom Plumbing

I have an unusual situation, bought a new vanity and discovered that the water supply lines will work . But the drain for the p trap is attached to the opposite wall. And the main shut off valve is on the same wall. Can I move the drain or pipe to it from the back wall . The main shut off valve has a stem that is sticking out about 3 inches can that be made flush or moved . Please help ! thanks vinny

Default Re: Bathroom Plumbing

Can you post a picture? I'm having trouble visualizing the situation.
    The "Senior Member" designation under my name doesn't mean I know a lot, it just means I talk a lot.I've been a DIYer since I was 12 (thanks, Dad!). I have read several books on various home improvement topics. I do not have any current code books I can refer to. I was an apprentice plumber for two years.

ditto, i'm as confused as you are.

Just elaborate a little more with the help of pictures, so we can help you out really confusing right now
    " You may not be responsible for being knocked down, but you are responsible for getting back up!" You always responsible for your success!.

I believe his vanity is set in the corner with the waste line coming in either from the right or left side.

Anything can be done and this is the very reason all bathroom remodels are complete rip outs.

But, since this was probably intended to be just a "straight forward" vanity replacement you will need to replace exactly as the old was installed.