+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Bosch Miter Saws/Roof Pitch

I had a friend call me to see how to use the roof pitch degree settings on his New Bosch Miter Saw. I was like what are you smoking dude. Miter saws dont have roof pitch degree settings on them,so he sent me a picture from his phone of his new saw.

Well I'll be darn his saw does have roof pitch on it. Anyone know when saw manurfactures start doing this. Not that I need it but Im sure it would help the weekend warriors/novice,they have to be the reason it was added to the saws.
    Are other saw manufactures doing the same thing ???

I looked up the Owners Manual to see how the manufacture explained how to use the roof pitch settings.Just so happens they dont even mention anything about the roof pitch settings. I find that pretty strange. Its obvious for the Pro's to understand,could it be the design engineers didnt know how to use it...lol

http://www.boschtools.com/Products/T....aspx?pid=4405

https://mdm.boschwebservices.com/MDMCache/English%20[US]//t10/0000000/r00921v-1.pdf

http://www.boschtools.com/Products/T....aspx?pid=5312

Cant say Ive ever seen this saw before,it looks pretty sweet. Anyone own one ??????

http://www.boschtools.com/Products/T...px?pid=GCM12SD
    Gizmo

Cut it 3 times & it's still to short.
    Inventor of the Miter Master Plus.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Default Re: Bosch Miter Saws/Roof Pitch

For some reason the second link with the Manual wont post correct.

Sorry
    Gizmo

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Interesting, but I don't see too many pros using it to cut rafters. Why bring a board to a saw when you can take a saw to a board much more easily? Less handling that way, speeds up the process too.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by A. Spruce View Post
    Interesting, but I don't see too many pros using it to cut rafters. Why bring a board to a saw when you can take a saw to a board much more easily? Less handling that way, speeds up the process too.
    I agree Spruce, its not for the pro. I think it is intended to aid the novice. Who ever wrote the manual forgot add anything for roof pitch..........
    Gizmo

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

true about taking the saw to teh wood, i never frame with a mitre saw unless cutting large amounts of multiples the same length then i set a stop block

as for the angle thing, yah its not common and someone who knows how to frame can just check the angle degree on their speed square. that model by bosch is their homeowner grade saw though so it does sorta jive that they did this.
    fire up the saw and make some dust

jkirk,do you have any idea how many pro's dont know how to use a speed square........Ive seen plenty over the yrs. I guess its true men dont like to read instructions........

I never frame with A MITER SAW either, I do know most novice love to do it.
    Gizmo

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Other than my tape, my speed square probably is my single most used tool.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

id second that, good god i think the last time i checked i have 5, 3 regular ones, 1 adjustable and a 12" one. although the large one rarely gets used.... we have like 4 of em scattered around the jobsite so mine either stays home or never comes out of the truck
    fire up the saw and make some dust

Miter saws use to have two degree settings on them 90 degs over 0 and so on. Both settings always equaled 90 degs. I think most saw manufactures removed them.
    Gizmo

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    Miter saws use to have two degree settings on them 90 degs over 0 and so on. Both settings always equaled 90 degs. I think most saw manufactures removed them.
    Huh?