+ Reply to Thread

Thread: tile problem

Smile tile problem

:i have recently put down new ceramic tile 16x16, everything is good except for one tile that didn't set right and the grout around the one tile is cracking a little plus when i step on that tile , you can hear the creaks that it is a little loose,, what can i do ?? do i take tile out , re-groove grout , reset tile and re-grout, ? and if i do will new grout bond to grout already set ? if you can help , please let me know thanks

Default Re: tile problem

sounds to me like you have to remove the rocky tile and reset it. then make sure to remove all the grout that surrounds that tile and replace the grout. it will adhere to the existing grout in the corners.

Default Re: tile problem

Quote Originally Posted by dabears85 View Post
    :i have recently put down new ceramic tile 16x16, everything is good except for one tile that didn't set right and the grout around the one tile is cracking a little plus when i step on that tile , you can hear the creaks that it is a little loose,, what can i do ?? do i take tile out , re-groove grout , reset tile and re-grout, ? and if i do will new grout bond to grout already set ? if you can help , please let me know thanks
    You better check all your tile work b/4 removing this one tile. Kind of odd that just one tile would be loose. Check surrounding tiles next to the problem one especially. Did you use mastic or thinset?
    I'm guessing you didn't backbutter your tiles which you should have especially on such large tiles. What kind of subfloor did you tile over?
    anyway....lift the tile up...back butter it with your thinset and then add your thinset to the floor and reinstall...let the thinset dry 24 hours then regrout.
    If you didn't back butter any of the other tiles back buttering this one might make it higher so spread it on as thinly as possble onto the back of the tile.
    Hidden Content
    ॐשָׁלו