+ Reply to Thread

Thread: We do care...

Red face We do care...

...we are just stuck in an antiquated interface by forces beyond our control. With our present technology, monitoring the boards is rather like giving one person a hoe and telling him or her to go weed 10,000 acres every day. While they also have to haul water, feed the cows, collect the eggs, shear the sheep. So we appreciate very much the patience of all of you who are still here.

We are working on the spam and communication issues. We've had some server and other changes and are still smoothing out the inevitable bumps and glitches, for which we apologize. Please keep reporting spam and trolls via toh_report; if it bounces, it's usually because the box is full and the farmhand assigned to check the mail is out milking the cows or putting out a fire in the feed barn. The TOH web team is small, the site is huge, and spammers are wily and legion; but we promise not to give up, and we hope you won't either. The intention is still to provide a place where forum members can be the fantastic resource to one another that you are.

Default Re: We do care...

Just give up this attempt at a forum. Obviously it is not even a low priority for you all. As I said, this is an embarrassment. Others are doing it at a much much higher level and this is just staining the rest of the TOH brand.

many other senior members completely agree with sombrels thoughts. i am a senior membor of another forum similar to this one but geared towards professional tradesman only. the board i speak of gets just as much spam as the toh board however it is handled by senior membors and is taken care of within an hour of being posted. so it almost never gets seen by the normal joes on the site.

perhaps this forum should give more ***** to the senior members who are here all the time
    fire up the saw and make some dust

Fix it or forget it................
    Last edited by Timothy Miller; 03-03-2011 at 11:34 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by jkirk View Post
    many other senior members completely agree with sombrels thoughts. i am a senior membor of another forum similar to this one but geared towards professional tradesman only. the board i speak of gets just as much spam as the toh board however it is handled by senior membors and is taken care of within an hour of being posted. so it almost never gets seen by the normal joes on the site.

perhaps this forum should give more ***** to the senior members who are here all the time

jkirk, I'll pass along your suggestion, thanks.

i should also mention the other board gets about 10x as much traffic each day.

this site has maybe 10 20 threads open each day, the other site has over 100 threads on the go with sometimes 1000 posts
    fire up the saw and make some dust

Quote Originally Posted by jkirk View Post

We're going to give this a shot. If there's anyone out there interested in getting Moderator status here, per jkirk's suggestion above, please reply to the Become a Moderator thread in this category. Thanks.