+ Reply to Thread

Default Cellulose as a heat sink???????

Howdy been reading about super insulation of walls with a staggered double stud walls and cavity filled with cellulose> And passive solar heating and cooling.
    So i remember years ago, being told that log cabins stay warm because once you get the logs warm they stay warm... So now i am wondering if i can use a cellulose filled wall as a heat sink to store and release heat to interior of a home? any ideas?
    A cellulose trombe wall?

Default Re: Cellulose as a heat sink???????

additional information. Specific heat and heating capacity:

Heat Capacity Btu/cu ft-*f

water 62.4 wood 26.8 concrete 22

Reading concrete an water are mostly used in Trombe walls ? W

hy i am wondering about cellulose is its little added weight to the structure verses water or concrete walls...

Water, wood, concrete, all have thermal mass that retain heat and release it slowly. Cellulose is mostly air with little mass to retain heat, so IMHO, no, you can't use cellulose in the manner desired.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

MR A Spruce- as always thanks. I sure wish it would work . But as mom mom use to say if wishes were fishes all bums would be full....

Well I didn't say I was right, I was just say'n ...
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!