+ Reply to Thread

Question Staron countertops

Hello All,

I'm looking into replacing my laminate counterops with Staron, an acrylic surface made by Samsung.

Has anyone used this? Pros, cons, any comments you'd like to share?

Thank you!

Default Re: Staron countertops

before you do that, if granite interests you, get a price quote on both, you might be surprised at how close they are, at least in the northeast.

I install a lot of staron countertops, I find them similar to any other resin-based solid surface that you can buy. It depends who is making them. Basically they are layers of composite resin glued together, routered, and sanded to give a continuous look. Some colors/or inexperienced craftsmen allow seams to be noticeable . Granite is good, however there is something to be said about an integral white or matching bowl that granite cannot offer. No offense to granite guys.

Thanks!

I'm not really interested in granite just because the rest of the kitchen is pretty basic. I've seen the Staron (by Samsung) in friend's kitchens and think it looks really nice.

I was just curious to see if anyone had any neg comments about it. Obviously not as nice as natural stone but decent-looking and durable. And it can accomodate an under-mount sink, yay.