+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hole to big!

Default Hole to big!

I had some can lighting done a while back in my hallway, and the so called electrician cut the hole to big on 2 of them. 1/4" to 1/2" is showing on the side of the lens frame.
    How should I repair this so it doesn't look shoddy?
    Need a project in CA.
    Thanks,
    JAC

Default Re: Hole to big!

how about some mesh tape and lightweight joint compound, that's what i'd use....i'm sure some others here will have good trick up their sleeve for this one. i'm curious to hear some different ideas.

i want a few more ideas here, this is one that perplexes me....come on everyone, chip in.

Thank you for your ideas. Tried the mesh tape and compound, didn't work, it fell off and would not stick.
    As for putting a larger trim ring. The one I have is one piece with the light kit. It is connected by metal rivits.
    Would love some more ideas.
    Thank you in CA.
    jac

Wink Re: Hole to big!

First, I would get the contractor back to fix "HIS" mistake. Second, if you can't get that done, get a price from a plasterer to come in and replace the plaster board and cut a new hole the correct size. Third, I would send the bill to the original contractor, in which case he probably will want to do it himself. When you send the plasterer's bill to the contractor (if it gets that far)mention that you are going to copy the Better Business Bureau, Small Business Association and any other committee types that could affect his reputation!!

Calcats