+ Reply to Thread

Question Landscape repair

Because of water main & sewer repair, my front yard was dug up & trees & bushes that were 70 years old were destroyed.

Where can I purchase mature shrubs 5 to 6 feet tall as replacements? I'm thing about rhododendrons, azealas, andromeda or something similar. I'm 80 years old and can't wait for tiny plants to mature. I'm in New York City and haven't found anything local, but I checked the internet & found nothing there either.

Default Re: Landscape repair

I think your best bet is to contact full service garden stores or landscaping companies and see what they can do for you. What you are looking for won't be found at a big box store. Special ordering and a knowledgeable landscaper should be able to help.

Suggestion: The Philadelphia Flower Show is in March, not too far off, and once it is done, all the display trees and shrubs are hauled back out of the center and to where??? Why not your property? Check with Cugliotta Landscapers in particular, they always have a great display. http://www.theflowershow.com/Showinfo/index.html

Good luck. I hope you can find what you need.

Thanks for the replies. I guess I'll wait for spring.