Hello Guys:
I have to start off by saying I love the shows I DVR them all so I can never miss one.
I'm a licensed Master Electrician Glen Head N.Y. and I'm a bit handy.
I watch a episode in early December of last year about a job you guys did in 2006 at a George Waverey(sp?)modern square shaped house with flat roofs. The lot was sunken so a large cistern in the back yard, during the reno the roof leaked and TOH had to replace the kitchen cabinets that were meant to be saved.
Some of the contractors on the job were 3form Ecoresin Panels, Chimney Savers, Collins Overhead Door, Crestron Home Automation, Design Shoji Custom Shoji Panels and Gerrity Stone to name a few. I hope I named enough contractors so you good folks can remember the job I'm talking about.
Anyway, Rodger Cook hosted the segment about the heated driveway and I'm very interested in doing it here at my house.
I have a small driveway about 40' long and 18' wide that want to be done over with decorative pavers which will have an electrician's van (ford E-250)and or Mercedes Sprinter. I am in a turmoil about the best way to do the driveway. Do I put the the radiant tubing in a 2" slab and then the pavers on the sand or put down foam board, crushed stone(compacted), sand then the pavers? I have heard things like the pavers have to move as a complete system and if I put the tubing in cement it might crack and break the tubing. I'M CONFUSED can someone tell me the best way to go and give me a list of equipment like the best heat exchanger to use and sensors. I would greatly appreciate all the help I could get.