+ Reply to Thread

Default Ceiling light fixture with built-in switch (i.e operates without a wall switch)

Hello -
    We have a pendant ceiling light that had a built-in switch, i.e there is no wall switch, instead, there is a switch on the fixture to turn it off and on. The light hangs low in the center of the room and gets in the way (it was probably intended to hang over a table). We'd like to remove it ASAP.

In its place, we'd like to get a ceiling fixture that is flush or semi-flush with the ceiling. We don't want to rewire for a wall switch. So, perhaps a fixture with a pull chain? Or one that operates with a remote control?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much.

PS: Is it possible to adapt a ceiling fan light for this purpose? i.e., install the light (which could be operated by a pull chain or remote control) without the ceiling fan?

Default Re: Ceiling light fixture with built-in switch (i.e operates without a wall switch)

There are many choices available, just google wireless wall switch.
    http://www.smarthome.com/2533WLS/Wir...e-Ivory/p.aspx
    "Lead by Example"

Default Re: Ceiling light fixture with built-in switch (i.e operates without a wall switch)

Thanks very much to ZZZ.

I looked at the Smarthome & 2533-WLS (Wireless light socket switch) and it seems that it would work.

But I have another question - do we have to buy a pull chain fixture? Or can we use any flush-mount or semi-flush mount ceiling fixture, and screw the light bulb into the 2533-WLS base ? Would that work with 2533-WLS (Wireless light socket switch)?

Thanks very much for your help.