+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Red face repainting a doctors office

hi

i wanted to know the best colors for a doctors office. i have a horrible blue and white office that i feel is unwelcoming to our patients. can someome plese give me a idea. the office is very small 1500ft, it looks more like a hallway than anything else.

thanks

Default Re: repainting a doctors office

I don’t know anything about paint colors but we work in medical offices day in and day out and I look at architectural plans for them day in and day out. The plans specify paint colors.

You can look at the colors on the Benjamin Moore website but they are not “true.”
    All colors Benjamin Moore for an OBGYN.

HC-34, HC-65, HC-100, HC-111, HC-6

Their are no best color(s) for a doctors office.
    Many things to consider such as the color of the floor, base, furnishings, ceiling, etc.
    Assuming you're not replacing the floor and furniture, you're a bit limited, but you can still make it nice and not boring.
    Wood trim is often a nice touch that softens a waiting room. Wainscoting can add definition to a wall.
    Door trim can be painted a different color to pick up color in the floor or trim.
    Assuming again you don't want to hire a designer, a good painter might be able to offer some good ideas.
    As an occasional patient make sure it's clean have at least some Field & Streams or Car & Driver mags to balance out the Redbooks. Or better yet keep the wait short, although I do understand emergencies can back up an office.

Take a look at these links...

How Room Color Effect Your Mood -
    http://www.mecca.com/modules/lifesty...english&id=748

Color Me Calm? -
    http://www.grokdotcom.com/colorandpersonality.htm

I would say LIGHT SKY BLUE based on this - "brings down blood pressure and slows respiration and heart rate... Blue is known to have a calming effect when used as the main color of a room. When going with blue go for softer shades of blue. Dark blue has the opposite effect. Dark blue evokes feels of sadness. So refrain from using darker blues in your main color scheme. Stay with the lighter shades of blue to give you and your loved ones a calm effect."

Quote Originally Posted by jakefish View Post
    hi

i wanted to know the best colors for a doctors office. i have a horrible blue and white office that i feel is unwelcoming to our patients. can someome plese give me a idea. the office is very small 1500ft, it looks more like a hallway than anything else.

thanks
    dear... whenever talking about hospitals.. white paint wins.. you can mix it with little blue or green if you like.. make the space cool..

Howdy another consideration is how illuminated the office is. Perhaps softening of the lighting as an additional improvement. So many mood determinations due to lighting...

In my opinion you should go for the light color shades paint like of white and baby pink.

This unusual painting it as a declaration of vivid color is very old. Until relatively recently, many inventions of pigments was not alive. Even the bright colors that now was a time due to dirt accumulation.

Under pressure I would say this is based on the light blue sky and breathing and heart rate slows Blue is known to have a calming effect when used as the main color of a room. Soft blue with blue being the color go .. Deep blue has the opposite effect of sadness deep blue evokes the feel. Keep your main color scheme. Blues in the dark blue with light colors give a calming effect on you and your loved ones to refrain from using .. "

Choose a color based on the function of your office. A doctor's office requires soothing colors to help calm nervous patients. Stimulate cubicle workers with bright reds, violets, and blues. Consider soft shades of yellow for a child psychologist's office, to help the children feel both relaxed and positive.